pls help with my tomato problem

elijahboy

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
i put some tomato seeds in a "mini greenhouse" (kfc container) and 10 days later i noticed white furry stuff on top of the dirt

are they gonners

msbear

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Tomatoes need a soil temp of 80 degrees? to germinate... sounds like you grew fungi instead :/

RDRANCH

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
If they have sprouted you may be able to save them. Open the container and put a light very near it. This will help to dry things out some. After it dries out try to get some of the soil out that had the white fuzzy stuff on it and replace with fresh soil.

Make sure you don't over water and if possible water from the bottom. If the crud keeps coming back start over but make sure you sterilize your containers with some bleach solution. Good Luck!:thumbsup

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sometimes that happens to me. Put them on the fridge to give them the bottom heat so that the seeds may germinate. and come back in a week.

elijahboy

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
i put them on a heating pad to try to kill the fungi will that work

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am assuming you have a cover over them- plastic, etc. You need to get air circulating around them. Take the cover off and see if it helps. If you don't have them covered, they must have been very wet. Good luck!!

Latest posts