Plums... What to do, what to do?

theOEGBman

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thank you very much, PotterWatch! I appreciate you taking the time to type all of that out for me. I think Im going to try canning some in syrup, just for the heck of it. I've never canned anything in syrup like that and I have so many plums. I actually did a batch of jelly and got 4 pints and one half pint. It looks and tastes great. My cousin had to go home to do some homework but he'll be back soon, and he's going to help me make a batch of jam. He's 11 and has never canned before so I'm happy to let him help! I'm going to make jam/jelly until I run out of sugar, then I'll probably juice the rest. Its scary to think I have at least twice the amount of fruit I brought home still left on the trees! Scary but fun knowing I have so much to work with.

Again, thank you very much. Its greatly appreciated.

PotterWatch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
No problem! We have a plum tree in our front yard and looking up recipes gave me good ideas for what to try when it fruits next year.

theOEGBman

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Im glad I was able to help you too then! :D

We have two and we always have way too many to eat, so its a good thing my grandma taught me how to can. Now Im branching out as much as possible.

I have to go now, I just finished cutting up my plums and I need to make some jam!

Latest posts