Polar Bear Club!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Only post a reply here if you prefer 20 degrees above to 90 degrees above!

Those of us who would rather lounge in the shade while the sun worshippers sit in the sun while it's 95 degrees in the shade and hot enough to cook a pizza in the sun...

Those of us who know how to layer clothes and do outside chores while it's a nice balmy 20 degrees in the shade, but in the sun it's at least 32 degrees...what's wrong with that? Heck, I'm removing this heavy outer coat, I'm sweating!

Those of us who automatically put 3 pairs of socks on instead of turning the blasted heater up...Heck, it's at least 48 degrees in here! My British Shorthair is keeping my lap warm!

Those of us who are up to the challenge of being the first person in the lake after January 1st! Up to the belly is too easy, that does not count! It's when the water gets to heart level that you really feel it...ahhhhhhhhh...now THAT'S good n cold! Makes ya feel ALIVE!

Deeper! to your neck...deeper! Get your face in the water...now completely in it!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

WELCOME TO THE POLAR BEAR CLUB!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Geez Marshall. I do not like either! 20 is too cold! 95 is too hot! But I would rather bundle in layers than not be able to stay cool. I am a crab when I get too hot and sweaty.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Love the cold... but DO NOT love being wet.
Go ahead and jump in Marshall! I'll wave as I paddle by, nice and dry.
8721_polarbearboat.jpg

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I always handle cold better than heat. You can always pile on more clothing in the cold but in the heat once you're stripped to the skin there's not much else you can do.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
hoodat said:
I always handle cold better than heat. You can always pile on more clothing in the cold but in the heat once you're stripped to the skin there's not much else you can do.
Amen !!!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
hoodat said:
Right. And there's always the neighbors sensitivities to consider.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
That was a sleeper Thistle! Took me 4 thinks to get it! :p

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wouldn't be living in Wisconsin if I couldn't take the cold. I would LOVE to have a winter where temperatures get no lower than 20 degrees (F). I've gone for a walk at -25 degrees (F), but I looked more Sasquatch than human in my down coat, ski mask and goggles. Once the temperatures get into the middle to upper 70s I'm ready to pull up a chair in the shade or seek shelter inside. 90 degrees or higher? I have always been worthless at those temperatures. However, it seems that either I've been adapting to the upper temperatures better the past two years or I'm finally learning to pace myself in the heat.

Latest posts