Pole bean supports

Dixiedoodle

Leafing Out
Reaction score
We use field fencing wired to t-posts-set about 5ft apart. By the end of the season you can't even see the wire..I also use this for my cucumbers. Dixie

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I always put them in the edges of the corn or grey-striped sunflowers. Mom uses the old-fashioned tepees of long sapling poles. She is very short, so I don't know what she does about the ones who grow higher. :lol:

Reaction score
I cut a 3"- 4" dia. tree about 8' long and put it in the ground about 1' deep hill the soil around the tree and plant around the tree(take all branches off of course)

adeledamate

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
bills said:
I use bamboo 8' canes set up in a teepee style. Simply tie twine around one end of them, kind of interlacing it between the canes, about 8" from the end of the canes. (Not too tight, or you won't be able to spread them open)

I then push the ends of the canes into the ground in a circle. I then twist tie some 4' chicken wire around the teepee, starting about 5" off the ground. Any netting would do, but chicken wire is reuseable year after year.

At the end of the growing season, I rip the vines off the chicken wire, pull up the banboo stakes, fold them togeather, and hang them under the eves of my garden shed, out of the weather. The canes last for several years, and can be used over and over again. Cheap too!:)

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m141/12GAGuy/100_0344.jpg
Great idea and I love your garden!!

Mossy Rock

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
We save our branches from our trees when we prune them, and make a teepee with string, and they grow along the garden fence which is chicken wire.

blurose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'm not sure of the outcome yet 'cause they're just getting started on it, but I used teepees made up of T-posts tied together at the top and planted the bean along each side. Oh, I also had my son wrap twine around the posts to make a ladder system.
025.jpg

Latest posts