Poll: what are you most looking forward to growing this year?

What are you looking forward to growing?

• Fresh herbs

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Fresh sweet corn

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Fresh berries

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Fresh tree fruits

• Flowers!

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Homegrown tomatoes

• Other

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't know how I missed this the first time...
After spending hours in the hot sun searching for elusive GREEN beans in masses of GREEN leaves, I asked if anybody had PURPLE prodded green beans and 3 of my friends here sent me seed! I’m excited to grow and can the different varieties to see which I like best.
So I guess in Texas, you have to use a cattle prod to get beans to grow? I wonder if that would turn a green bean purple... (Zzzzzzt)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

So I guess in Texas, you have to use a cattle prod to get beans to grow? I wonder if that would turn a green bean purple... (Zzzzzzt)

haha, nice catch, i didn't even notice that one. i guess that is how you get black beans if you prod some a bit too long? me does like me some crispy beans...

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score

Cattle prods give beans that ZING! that really makes them grow!

haha, nice catch, i didn't even notice that one. i guess that is how you get black beans if you prod some a bit too long? me does like me some crispy beans...
That's how you get refined refried beans!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cattle prods give beans that ZING! that really makes them grow!

That's how you get refined refried beans!

hehehe, cracklins and gas columns, i know there's an oil refinery joke in here somewhere but i'll need that prod to get it sorted out. ok, lard is in refried beans, which is an oil, there, so we got gas from the crack of our butts which was fueled by beans and grease. it's like we got a refinery in our hienery. yes, i know it's silly, but i'm very tired and it's the best i got. :) we'll let it work itself out some more overnight and perhaps i can take another jab at it tomorrow. or, more likely, i'll forget about it and find something else to ponder come yonder.