Pomegranites

cknmom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
DH brought a couple home from one of his bosses. I haven't ever seen ones this big!!

100_1881.jpg

100_1882.jpg

Monica

allabout

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Thats some more pomegranites- that is great!!!! Fresh pomegranites have always been one of my favorite fresh fruits. And can you believe the price of the fresh juice in the stores!! Alot of older people around where I live have pomegranite trees and are always so good about sharing in their bounty. I would love to own a tree of my own someday. (giggle at the background drinks) :p

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
P1010010.jpg

I put my Pomegranate bush/tree in last Spring, and am hoping I get fruit in 1-2 years....

Beagles love to munch on Pomegranate bushes, hence the wire cages...
P1010009.jpg

katz

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Save some seeds,remove the juice from the seed and then PLANT the seed in sandy soil and keep damp ....... It WILL grow !

cknmom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
beavis- HMMMM, I haven't thought to try that combo!

allabout- Well, you know for sure WE will be warm this winter!! We got 4" of snow last night, and it is still snowing! It snowed over a 1/4" while DH was TRYING to get out of the driveway to go to work, NO LUCK! Snow day!! Schools are on a 2hr. delay, waiting for the closure call. I won't buy them in the store.

katz- We have been trying to find out if they would grow where we live and how to plant them. We live at 5800' and get a total of 3-6' of snow every winter.

Monica

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
cknmom said:
beavis- HMMMM, I haven't thought to try that combo!

allabout- Well, you know for sure WE will be warm this winter!! We got 4" of snow last night, and it is still snowing! It snowed over a 1/4" while DH was TRYING to get out of the driveway to go to work, NO LUCK! Snow day!! Schools are on a 2hr. delay, waiting for the closure call. I won't buy them in the store.

katz- We have been trying to find out if they would grow where we live and how to plant them. We live at 5800' and get a total of 3-6' of snow every winter.

Monica
http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Pomeg...a-Dry-Climate,-Mediterranean-Garden&id=800367

They do best in warm, dry climates.We have many of them here in Tucson. I have a dwarf variety that I plan to use in craft projects.

Pomegranatetree120308email.jpg

Latest posts