Post your Vegetable Garden Pics

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
What a beautiful garden you have, Ray. Looks like you've put a lot of work into it (but those raised beds will save you so much work in the long run!) I will have to show your picture to my husband. I have one raised bed in my front yard and I'm going to add 3 more this year and I want to space them nicely and mulch in between like you have. I am trying to convince my husband how much nicer this will make that corner of our front yard look. You would think the promise of less mowing would be enough for him...LOL :rolleyes:

Way to go, Boilerman, make those chickens work for their room and board! They'll have that worked up for you in no time and it will be a perfect garden spot. I did that with a batch of 35 meat birds two summers ago, fencing them over 1/4th of my garden plot. They killed all the weeds and fertilized it. Last year that spot produced seventeen 15-20 pound Crimson Sweet watermelons off of only five vines. Yea for Chicken Power! :D

ETA: and :welcome to you both!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ray- that is an absolute dream garden. Everything just looks neat as a pin! I love it!
Boilerman, your rototillers are too cute! Don't you just love it, when they do the work for you?
Happy Gardening to you both!

RAY2310

Sprout
Reaction score
Thanks for all the complements. This has been a work in progress for several years. Every year we make additions and upgrades. (My wife always has some great ideas and I am the manual labor) Below is a picture of our first raised garden from 2003. Not near as nice as our current setup but at the time we thought it was the most beautiful garden ever.

P1010099.jpg

Also, our lower garden from last year where we plant more tomatoes, potatoes and sweet corn.
P7030172.jpg

RAY2310

Sprout
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
Ray , I have to tell you what a treat it is looking at all that green! And beautiful gardens too by the way!
Its not that green right now but its on the way!

boilerman

Sprout
Reaction score
RAY2310 said:
Thanks for all the complements. This has been a work in progress for several years. Every year we make additions and upgrades. (My wife always has some great ideas and I am the manual labor) Below is a picture of our first raised garden from 2003. Not near as nice as our current setup but at the time we thought it was the most beautiful garden ever.

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn49/rayryczek/Garden/2003/P1010099.jpg

Also, our lower garden from last year where we plant more tomatoes, potatoes and sweet corn.
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn49/rayryczek/Garden/2010/P7030172.jpg
Hope my garden comes out as nice as yours.

AmyRey

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
You guys please stop posting pictures of these GORGEOUS gardens. lol

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow RAY! You are killing me!!! :drool

Now I have something to aspire to though... Hubby will probably lose it as he's my manual labor around here! :plbb

Here's an update on some of my 'now' raised beds that are growing.

Raspberries on the outside fence.
14084_img_6591.jpg

Spinach, carrots, onions & garlic
14084_img_6592.jpg