Post your Vegetable Garden Pics

oberhaslikid

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
here is mine year before last.I didnt take pictures last year.
18103_100_0035.jpg

Usc529

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
trunkman said:
Usc529 I don't know what zone in SC you're in but I'm from SC also, Rock Hill area and have witnessed frosts in April that killed lots of my plants like tomato, cukes, beans and bell peppers. Radishes and carrots may be ok, but be careful with the rest. :/
okay man thanks im gonna wait a couple of weeks before i plant my tomato's im doing corn tommorrow and that will be it for a couple of weeks

Usc529

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
yes it is my first time for this spot 2 weeks ago it was nothing but an oak tree and 5 pine trees ive been busting butt on this section alone
journey11 said:
USC, from your pic, that looks like it's going to be some pleasant soil to work with. Is this your first year for that garden spot?

Holachicka

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Usc529 said:
yes it is my first time for this spot 2 weeks ago it was nothing but an oak tree and 5 pine trees ive been busting butt on this section alone
journey11 said:
USC, from your pic, that looks like it's going to be some pleasant soil to work with. Is this your first year for that garden spot?
WOW! You had to remove tree's?! Not fun, but hey, free firewood! Well, from the oak anyways...

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
last year i had to deal with a whole family of woodchucks ravaging my garden. they started in June just after i got my first crop of radish and leaf lettuce. :(

i found Jr. #1 in the chicken run one day and i should have taken him out then. i think his moma was trying to get back at me and took out the leaves on my habanero peppers. then she moved to the upper garden and decided all the goodies were better up there! i got home from work one afternoon and scared her so badly she ran into the wire fence i had partially surrounding the upper garden. (wish i had a pic from last year). i was able to catch her. got 2 of her kids about a week apart from her. dh took care of one, my neighbor got the other and then told me he thinks he got the dad but it ran under my other neighbor's pile of wood and brush. (we could smell it for a few days so he thinks he was successful). and i know there was a 5th one somewhere out there, but i'm sure he got scared off since everyone else 'disappeared' quickly!

this year's garden is going to have some raised beds to help keep any more rodent issues from becoming a nightmare! i never had issues with woodchucks when i lived at home with my parents! :rolleyes:

epitman

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thank you for the silver queen corn yep I planted 6 rows 6 inches apart and 46 per row so its 276 possible plants wow thats going to be lots of corn :plbb I also planted bush beans and peas :thumbsup

Usc529

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
okra okra okra okra okra okay might be a little to excited here ha
7828_0314011839.jpg

trunkman

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
This is my garden progress, first small row are beets, next three are radishes, next row is rutabaga, next four are peas and the last three are also beets.. We ate a couple of radish plants yesterday, yes they are still very young still but I couldn't wait and ate the whole plant, greens and all, Mmmm!

7846_31411_038.jpg

Latest posts