Power is Out & Cold on the Way

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh that's so gorgeous! I saw the sky on fire over the tree tops while I was out feeding the animals and came in to grab my camera but couldn't find it. Glad you got a shot!
No Thistle',

The local folks that show up on my Twitter feed wore me down over the last few days. There have been about 4 or 5 of these sunset pictures on there. They were sent to local teevee personalities.

Not mine.

Steve

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Gorgeous sunset! I took a sunset photo with the trees lit up golden with ice, but the camera made it look more like a forest fire.

I agree that this winter seems much colder early on. We already hit 23 below in mid-December, and now we are bracing for the next cold snap, with highs in the single digits.
Still, I do remember an occasional night at 40 below, or a week that doesn't break zero, but that hasn't happened in years. I can't say I miss that weather, although maybe it is not a good sign for the planet.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
These beautiful sunsets are the result of air that has finally moved around a bit after laying like a blanket over the landscape for hours.

Christmas was indeed white! A bright white fog!

There is a small chance of snow Monday. Our most recent "storm" passed unnoticed but the air did clear. Or, at least, the blanket lifted, fluttering in the sunset.

Steve

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our sunsets have been gorgeous here the last few days.

I wasn't going to do this but I'd have to take a drive to get away from these powerlines & get a good picture. Or . . . . go on twitter & have one of the local folks post a picture like 2 minutes after sundown! They wore me down:

2ir6qth.jpg

Steve

Beautiful.....but not beautiful enough for me to live there--Lucky local residents

We stopped burning wood this year--new heating system but I have generator backup that I hope I never use.

Be thinking of you.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
And that, my friends, is why I live in Texas. Hotter than H E double L in the summer, but livable in the winter. Hurricanes? Bring 'em on. No power? Can handle that too. Snow measured in FEET deep???? Oh, H E double L NONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
While we are anxious about arctic cold descending south - and happy where it isn't happening to us - southern California is having more than a fluttering of clouds . . !

Yes, with that year-around "perfect" weather -- NOAA is predicting gusts out of the NE as high as 70mph this afternoon . . !

(Notice how that blew my exclamation point off to the SW, towards the open ocean ______ ;).)

Steve

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
And that, my friends, is why I live in Texas. Hotter than H E double L in the summer, but livable in the winter. Hurricanes? Bring 'em on. No power? Can handle that too. Snow measured in FEET deep???? Oh, H E double L NONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Which is why I live in central USA. Avoid extremes-most of the time- & equipped to handle all types of weather.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
While we are anxious about arctic cold descending south - and happy where it isn't happening to us - southern California is having more than a fluttering of clouds . . !

Yes, with that year-around "perfect" weather -- NOAA is predicting gusts out of the NE as high as 70mph this afternoon . . !

(Notice how that blew my exclamation point off to the SW, towards the open ocean ______ ;).)

Steve

My parents moved me to that "perfect" climate, kicking and screaming 56 years ago. I was just a baby so the kicking and screaming may not have been related to the geographical change. ;)

Where I lived for 25 years of married life we suffered through Santa Ana winds. They aren't so severe where Hoodat is, but we lived on the flank of a mountain, on the south side of a pass and we often got winds up to 70 mph. Took the roofing off our detached garage one year.
Now we're "home" and I'm happy to be back.
sFun_tonguestuck.gif

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
That blown off roof happened to my home on the California coast. However, I was a long, long way north.

By the way, what happened to your smiley - I've had that experience. It is absolutely true :rolleyes:. (Bay' should take note ;).)

I was much older than should have allowed for such stupidity :rolleyes:. Fortunately, I had a can of pop in my hand (that might be "a can of soda" or "a can of coke" in some parts of the country). Anyway, I just sloshed it on the steel pipe somewhere in the vicinity of my nose . . . & my tongue came right off. Not "off" off but "off the pipe."

Steve :/

Latest posts