Pretty lavander blooms

aussieheelr

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
We have these growing in a bunch at the end of our driveway. They are about 6" tall and the blooms are about 1/2" in diameter. Any ideas? I think they're just lovely

6809_image_flo.jpg

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I've never seen anything like them. I thought maybe actual lavender? But I'm not sure what the rest of the plant looks like. Could you add more photos of the foliage and bases?

aussieheelr

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Well I went out to take pictures of the leafs and stems etc and the plant has TONS of 2" long thorns on it now... so I've ripped them all out.
Figures it starts out lovely, then turns evil. Oh well.

aussieheelr

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
So here's a picture of the evil thorny plant. Those thorns are about 1.5-2 inches long!!! I've ripped them all out though, we had a nice rain for the whole weekend so I'm hoping that I got all the root, or at least enough to kill the thing.

6809_grrr.jpg

Featherbaby

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Sounds like a weed to me.

Do you know the difference between a flower and a weed?

The weed has the superior will to live.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Actually I'd like to have a start of that if you find any with seeds. I'm converting my front lawn to a low water xerographic flower garden and that looks as though it would be a candidate. I doubt it would reproduce too much in our climate with little or no water.

aussieheelr

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
hoodat said:
Actually I'd like to have a start of that if you find any with seeds. I'm converting my front lawn to a low water xerographic flower garden and that looks as though it would be a candidate. I doubt it would reproduce too much in our climate with little or no water.
Ok if you really want some I'll keep an eye open. The only water it gets is rain water and we're in "the high desert" here so I bet it'd grow out there.

Latest posts