Price increases and shortages

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I think we got the coconut oil bucket at Costco @Marie2020 . I hope it keeps since there is so much of it; I do use it for lots of stuff - a topical ointment, and as a moisturizer for dry skin.
I use it regularly for a number of things.

It's funny that a couple of decades ago I barley knew about it, even though my mother used it it wasn't something I was really aware of. Now it is used every day :)

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have just figured out the patterns about when the discounter (Lidl) will put on the 50% discount stickers. The employees would start checking dates and put stickers on whatever is due tomorrow from about 5 pm. I can get almost every kind of goodie for the entire family, and the quality is always good.

I will say they are all too good to go.
37128.jpg

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Just bought a 12 pack of quart jars at Dollar General, $9.
I was there to do a propane exchange ($20.00, another good price,) and only brought cash.
I'm going back tomorrow to buy three more 12 packs. Doesn't look like many people are that interested. :hu
Btw, I Missed a 90% paper special at Staples. It was Morning only, 10 reams letter for $6.99
Apparently That's how they are going about their special deals, early in the morning until they are sold out.
I couldn't order on my phone, and by 2PM they were sold out. Fyi.

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ours buries not only under the sheets but also under the cover on the couch (when he can) I have on at least one occasion almost sat on him because he was buried like that.
Our (multiple) cats used to climb inside the cushions on the old couch from underside. Sometimes we wouldn’t realize we were sitting on them until the cushion started wiggling :lol:

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
10 reams for $6.99? I’m happy at 1 ream for $3!
I KNOW!! I even had it saved on my phone, so I DIDN'T misread the sale.
LOOK for odd times and daily deals and such from vendors.
Newsmax was reporting that with this inflation, Americans will start hoarding.
Ya THINK?!?!?!?!?:lol:

Latest posts