Price increases and shortages

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
This thread started that way. And technically its because nobody recognizes that Cali is on the wrong side of the mountains to be supplied easily and so has to behave as an island like the UK or Hawaii. They can barely get economical oil from Alaska. Boatloads of oil come at the end of a 10000 mile shipping route. Its a 3d problem on a 2d page.
I plead guilty. Living in Midwest, I get tired of “media types telling me about the tragedies ahead that We need to pay for-meanwhile they continue their wasteful living. Pelosi stands for everything wrong in USA. Speaks against walls, guns, pollution, etc, YET lives in a gated community protected by armed guards, given free medical, & flies on private airplane paid for by the tax payers. Tear down your walls, fire the gunned guards, take public transportation. Large cities/states, made their own messes, now pay for the clean up. We did get NY garbage in our land fills-don’t get me started on that.

So many of our problems are from radicals on both sides. (I also am not a Trump follower-See National debt under his rule.)

Price increases have been consistent since I graduated-remember $.25 gallon gas? So many shortages come from supply/demand. Not enough profit, don’t make it.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
A quote from a friend in California.........

Governor Gruesome has figured out how to reduce pollution and vehicle congestion on our California roads. He passed a law that no gas engines can be sold after 2035, that at least 35% of all cars to be sold must be electric after 2025 BUT NOW SAYS THAT WE SHOULDN'T USE ANY ELECTRICITY BETWEEN 4 pm AND 9 pm! No AC, no appliances, and no EV charging. :lol: All electric car drivers will be having issues with this. Since it is voluntary compliance how many do you think will obey? I bet Pelosi, Gruesome, and our rulers will all have AC. :somad They don't have to drive either, they can take their private planes.

And my friends have bought a place in Texas. They are moving. It's called Voting with their feet. Or in this case, gasoline car and Diesel truck.
Serious question, when gas usage is dramatically reduced, where will the money come to repair roads? Increase taxes on electric? How do you tax people off of grid?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are we to expect Mary to defend
  • her State,
  • its Legislature,
  • Governor, and, perhaps,
  • her Congressional Representative?
Is that now the purpose for The Easy Garden forum?

Steve

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ignore the post. On a homesteading forum, I can use up one hand counting the number of the politics/ranting/pointing fingers of such content. I don't open those posts. They infuriate me so I stick to the homesteading posts instead.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
  • her State,
  • its Legislature,

Steve
Never. But its not personal either, just well rooted inviduals doing what they can to influence the crop. I will post 2 videos, one from a historian. Its related to our ability to feed ourselves which is the tenet that underlies agriculture. This site. This thread. The support of my family. The support of my wife. And unfortunately I have these cats and dogs that think me godly.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
  • her State,
  • its Legislature,

Steve
Sorry Steve but you know I don't get into political discussions here nor do I call people names. It's a gardening forum and I'll stick to gardening topics.

Mary

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry Steve but you know I don't get into political discussions here nor do I call people names. It's a gardening forum and I'll stick to gardening topics.

Mary
Name calling, insults (whether out right or on the sly) are never good.
This site has “random ramblings” where it is ok to discuss non-gardening subjects with opinions from people with fairly similar focus-gardening.
I plead guilty when I generalize about an area. Much of our current trends makes zero sense to me-saw an ad posted on FB that organic milk did not have hormones in it-really? Then they stated that commercial milk was laced with antibiotics. Unfortunately when I get upset I tend to generalize instead of clearly identifying who I am at issue with. Instead of using California should have said California governor is incapable of logical thought on electric uses.
Everyone is free to avoid certain subjects. Some I now avoid.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I cannot defend our IL "Trust Baby Governor" any more than @ninnymary can defend her awful governor.
We can only hope that they are BOTH removed from office.
I know many friends how have moved out of our state. I live on 5 acres of fertile land. My 3 horses graze 6 months/yr, so I don't have to buy extra hay to feed them during our current drought. Btw, we have had heavy dew in the mornings for a good month now, so it's not anywhere NEAR a drought out west.
Great land, and I am not leaving it.
Monsanto lost their lawsuits, so we can still save seeds legally.
Most important for ALL OF US--
Please VOTE, even when you think it won't matter. WE still have that as a right.

Last edited:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I cannot defend our IL "Trust Baby Governor" any more than @ninnymary can defend her awful governor.
We can only hope that they are BOTH removed from office.
I know many friends how have moved out of our state. I live on 5 acres of fertile land. My 3 horses graze 6 months/yr, so I don't have to buy extra hay to feed them during our current drought. Btw, we have had heavy dew in the mornings for a good month now, so it's now anywhere NEAR a drought out west.
Great land, and I am not leaving it.
Monsanto lost their lawsuits, so we can still save seeds legally.
Most important for ALL OF US--
Please VOTE, even when you think it won't matter. WE still have that as a right.
Sorry, it’s still illegal to save privately bred seed. That was not a Monsanto-who is now out of seed business-but a Pioneer (Corteva) thing. Pinkerton’s used that judgement to go after people saving seed. My understanding is that Monsanto used their part for educational purposes-county charities, university research, college scholarships, etc. They caught a lot of misdirected abuse. (I do not nor never have worked for Monsanto)

Latest posts