PRICES

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
@bobm, you know I was looking in your very spot. It just got too expensive for us. So we're stuck down here.
I saw some listings there for an acre where you could barely raise anything, but the Realtors were touting it as a Hobby Farm.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
In this morning's e-mail box.... a real estate agent sent a new listing that should sell fast. Located about 15 miles next to another small town away from us. 20 acres with a 22 year old 1850 sq ft , 3 bedroom 2 bath, comp shingle home on it with a small barn. Photos show a rolling , fairly steep side of a hill, some pines and cottonwood tree groves scattered around the field and around the house. The bargain price is listed at $ 7,000,000. This property would support about 10 goats or sheep , maybe a couple of feeder steers or a couple of horses. Growing field crops or fruit trees would be dicey. In other words GASP ! :ep
That price is insane. Where do people work and what do they do, to be able to afford such madness?

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Same question I ask here on $1M homes. Definitely not employed in AG.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
well they can always ask what they like, but it doesn't mean they'll get it.

for a place like that around here (no hills though) perhaps $300,000-350,000 most of the value being the land and that would be in a good area. in some of the outer areas you may get 100K less.

that said with the lower interest rates anyone who can find a home is usually quite happy to get one instead of renting. my friend in the real-estate business says it is certainly a seller's market.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm out of touch with pricing lately as we have had very little need to buy anything at all. We don't leave the house that much due to working from home and now homeschooling, so we hardly ever fill up the gas tank. I filled up from 3/4 to F for lack of a better thing to do the other day.

I have greatly reduced how much I go out for lattes, and my husband has cut back on soda. We're eating a lot less meat, and a lot of the vegetables we get are frozen so they last a long time. We don't go to the grocery store very often anymore either.

The last time we purchased anything was a couple pairs of pants for my son. He wears shorts around the house, but puts long pants on to play outside. We noticed they were capris on him all of a sudden! He sure is growing up.