Pro Flowers Rant

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Copied from my em to Pro Flowers. I'm still upset.

Regarding:
Order number: 110534386143-1
Delivery Date: 2018/02/11
Please assist with: Non-Delivery of Product
Questions/Comments: I placed an order with you a week ago, for my former Father in Laws memorial service. My daughter and I were sharing the order, and the card was to reflect her name since he was her last remaining Grandfather. The arrangement was to be delivered on Sunday, Feb 11, at 11 a.m. I was even charged an extra $4.99 for the Sunday delivery. Today was the service and we both felt good that the gorgeous arrangement was going to be there for all to enjoy. But then I received a voice mail from you to please call back. When I phoned back, there was no record of me being called. After a minute hold, they found why they had called. It seems that there was no delivery made. They couldn't find the cemetery. Really? The cemetery is the largest in Ventura county and it was established back in 1913. Its a very popular cemetery and is always busy with taking care of the loss of loved ones. The call center then asked if I'd like it sent to his home. Really? He died. At a care home. Very poor service. Very poor call center with poorly spoken English. Terrible company, really...

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
You know, I know that Ed See wouldn't know if I had sent flowers or not. He's gone and reunited with his beloved wife, Grace (my Granddaughter's middle name). Its just that I loved my ex alot and his parents were important to me, a new bride. Even tho its been 31 years since our divorce, it makes me sad to think that he might think that neither I nor my DD would even acknowledge Ed's passing.

Even more sad is my DD has very little empathy for anything but railing against the current pres and govt. so I'm not sure if she even expressed any displeasure when she texted her Papa about the mis-hap. All in all, a very horrible experience with a company that sure does alot of advertising on TV, in print, and more.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
So sorry this happened to you. I can't believe that a company with such poor service is still in business.

I would send a card to your ex giving your condolences and telling him how you feel about the no show flowers.

Mary

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
There's probably some fine print that absolves the company of any responsibility for anything but a very straightforward delivery.
I'm so sorry that this happened to you. Hopefully you will get a refund. I think Mary's idea of sending the remaining family a card is a good one.
Just a word of caution to others who find they need to send flowers long distance: Not all of these flower delivery services are created equal. And they are an extra link in the chain between you and the flowers, taking a good chunk of the cash. If you can use google to look up a florist local to your recipient, you will most likely find one who is familiar with the area, the funeral homes and hospitals, and maybe even the recipient, in small towns.
Listings are tricky. You may think you are getting a local florist, only to find it's another anonymous clearing house. Find a florist with a physical address.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Even the local shops are sometimes not all that reliable.
I once ordered an arrangement for my Mom's birthday from a shop about 10miles from the house. I showed up at dinner empty handed since she should have already received the flowers and a lovely card... No flowers... Nothing.
Called the next morning and was told that they were out of the particular flower that I had requested (sun flower) but would put something together and deliver it the NEXT day...
Took over a week for the refund to arrive....

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
You are absolutely right. Next time, I'll look thru the FTD choices and then call the local shop. I did that last December when I sent flowers to the nice family that rents our home in Angels Camp.

My DD wanted to use Pro Flowers, and since I rarely challenge her, it was fine with me. Not anymore!

Latest posts