Problem With Front Door

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
yesterday was 1st time I was at country house in weeks. Heat is set on 65. I noticed something is going on with my front door. Door is custom made from Iron doors unlimted very heavy, glass insert that opens, very expensive. Date on invoice !/15 . water was dripping down door from bottom of glass insert. Not sure if related molding above door cracked. My newphew thinks it is normal cold air against warm door condition .
upload_2018-1-15_8-44-27.png
upload_2018-1-15_8-45-54.png
upload_2018-1-15_8-43-17.png
upload_2018-1-15_8-43-53.png

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Was the water inside? Looks like it. That would be condensation on the cold door from the warmer air inside. In the summer you could get condensation on the outside with the AC running. Moisture condenses from the air onto a cooler surface.

Not sure how you'd fix that.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
with warmer temperatures and humidity going up and down... if you want stability of indoor conditions you get humidifier/dehumidifier setup with enough air circulation.

i'm not sure what the picture of the cracked lintel means as that can be structural issue that has nothing to do with moisture. have you seen water dripping from that crack? are there stains or markings which show water flow/drops from there?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Was the water inside? Looks like it. That would be condensation on the cold door from the warmer air inside. In the summer you could get condensation on the outside with the AC running. Moisture condenses from the air onto a cooler surface.

Not sure how you'd fix that.
yep inside did not happen last winter but was no where near this cold

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Metal doesn't acclimate as well as wood. Looks to be a steel layer on the inside? I'd say it's condensation from the door being cooler than the surrounding indoor air. You need to run a dehumidifier inside. They can be hooked up to a drain, since you'll not be there constantly to dump it.

Latest posts