Propagation Section Needed?

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I would like to add to my vote (for Nifty's sake) that it would be extremely helpful to gardeners of all level to be able to search for a certain plant, flower, or tree in the desired Propagation Thread and easily find the answer.

At this point, with no specific area for propagation, searching for a certain thing might just get you a picture, and not everyone uses big words like 'propagation' when giving good information that could easily fit into that subject. So searching for 'propagation' doesn't necessarily find the information you desire.

It also seems to me that beneficial section like that would make the site more useful to drifters, thus making them regular, thus bringing more traffic to TEG. :rainbow-sun

sunstar

Leafing Out
Reaction score
If I can have a vote, I will vote yes please.

There is nothing more frustrating than doing a web search for a half know variety of plant and find little to nothing about such plant.
If one is lucky enough to find the exact plant, then you have to shuffle through all the big words and techniques of propagating.

With such a place here you can post a picture of the needed separator and someone can tell you exactly how to go about it, and in a way a lay person can understand.
Not only that you can get with a web search way to many unfactual ways of doing things.
At least with everything here you get tried and true methods and none of the bogus information that is flying around the net.

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
Which category would you all like it in & what exactly do you want the heading to say?

Will there be any confusion between a propagation thread going into a "propagation" section vs. one of the other existing sections (e.g., Fruits, Trees, Herbs, Flowers, etc.)?

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I think Propagation should be its own section and should include everything. That would make searching easiest. 'Cause sometimes herbs flower, and sometimes flowering plants are also herbs, etc. Just everything propagation.

Those are my 2 cents for now. ;)

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
yes i think "plant propagation" would suffice and would cover all bases of plant reproduction, both sexual and asexual.

we have other very specific categories like flowers and roses, herbs, weeds, etc? arent roses flowers? what about groundcovers? what about my plants that are just showy foliage and not technically flowers? what about ferns and bryophytes? all these must get tossed in the everything else section.

personally, i wouldnt get my panties in a wad if someone wanted to talk about rooting roses in the flowers and roses section but thats just me. but i notice we have a lot of questions specifically about reproducing plants.

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I also made mention of Foliage and Tropicals Beefy.
In time that would be cool. But on the plate now is propagation!

I have for some time now started threads with the name of the plant as the title. I feel it makes it much more easy to search this way.
I also feel with plant names in the title helps search engines find TEG, helping put us on the map! (I say us because I am proud to be apart of such great people and a wonderful Forum)

Joe

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
injunjoe said:
I have for some time now started threads with the name of the plant as the title. I feel it makes it much more easy to search this way.
I also feel with plant names in the title helps search engines find TEG, helping put us on the map!
Joe
Joe, you're a genius and spot on with all accounts! Good job making something a win-win-win-win!

:thumbsup

Okay, so everyone agrees that we should add a "Plant Propagation" forum?

Latest posts