Puget Sound Mushroom Society annual show

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
http://www.psms.org/exhibit.html

this is a great event for fungophiles... we do try to attend every year

for anyone hunting mushrooms in the Puget Sound area this is this is a great info fest ..lots of folks to help you and I have taken mushrooms I could not ID to this show and someone would always help me figure it out! They have one of each on display and some I can not imagine ..every year I see a new mushroom there

I am not sure I will get to go this year but will try

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
HiDelight said:

for anyone hunting mushrooms in the Puget Sound area this is this is a great info fest ..lots of folks to help you and I have taken mushrooms I could not ID to this show and someone would always help me figure it out! They have one of each on display and some I can not imagine ..every year I see a new mushroom there

I sure hope you get to go. I wish I could!

Sounds like a great time.

Do you grow Mushrooms?

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
injunjoe said:
HiDelight said:

I sure hope you get to go. I wish I could!

Sounds like a great time.

Do you grow Mushrooms?
Not intentionally but I did get some morels and prince in my yard this year ... that I really enjoyed ..right now it is just Panther Amanita and slippery jacks .

mushrooms are wonderful food a great hobby ...but you have to learn what kills you first!

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Mushrooms are so foreign to me. I was lucky enough this past Spring to happen upon a Fairy Circle of toadstools (that is what we call them).

I often see several button mushrooms which probably come from my store-bought mushrooms. I imagine the spores get into my mulch by way of my kitchen. I have never used them.

The desert doesn't give enough training for this kind of gardening. :bouquet

My luck I would eat something poisonous for sure. LOL :sick

Don't they have Bigfoot in Washington's wild places; I bet mushrooms are a large foodsource for our Forest friends. I believe in Bigfoot. :bun

Ron

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I don't know, Ron, but I have seen some pretty big footprints before when I've been out hiking, that have made me wonder.

I am going to prioritize this show. I love mushroom hunting. I especially love it when I can eat what I find (because I can ID it beyond a doubt -- most I cannot).

I heard a story about a guy that would always bring home oyster mushrooms. I guess he had a leak in his roof and one day the chair that happened to be under the leak sprouted some oyster mushrooms! :lol:

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That is hilarious! :lol: :yuckyuck

Opps!, I wonder what would sprout under my chair?? :hide ROFL

Ron

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
No, Ron, it goes like this:

:watering THEN :hide :lol:

(Maybe you will find something under that chair if you water it first). ;)