Purple Berries? (solved by Ron) American Beautyberry

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

LOL

Hey I waited an entire three minutes !

Ron

But this time there was no prize! Darn-it, I need me some more Garden Suspenders!

:lol:

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Broke Down Ranch said:
Joe, how the HECK do you always find such great things like this?? :ep
I guess I don't keep my eyes on the road to well.
I am a bit compulsive, I look at everything as I drive.
I can tell you how many people are in the car behind me, I see the crazy driver cumming up in the crowd, I love to hold them up best I can. LOL

This ways growing along the roadside under a utility pole. It grows like a weed here!

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
injunjoe said:
Broke Down Ranch said:
I can tell you how many people are in the car behind me, I see the crazy driver cumming up in the crowd, I love to hold them up best I can. LOL

This ways growing along the roadside under a utility pole. It grows like a weed here!
I am getting to where I scope out every place I go now, ust hoping for a glimpse of something I might be able to get a cutting from. That's how I was able to come across the dewberry - a vacant property that is getting ready to be bulldozed and we know the folks that are scrapping the metal. While DH was talking with them I am all wandering around "LOOKIN" for anything potential...lol. I find the dewberry and had to use a wrecking bar to dig it since I had no shovel or gloves :gig

If you find this bush is easy enough to propagate I would like to be on your list of people wanting some :fl :bouquet

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
BDR I have a few things I am rooting for you.
I am losing track of what is wanted. So I will cram what I can in a box.
I am sure seeds are the way to go with this plant.
Cleaning them up as I sit here!
Each berry has a few little seeds and a lot of pulp.
I mashed them up and have them in front of the AC to help dry a little then to a fine screen for a while.

I planted some seed to test them already.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
injunjoe said:
Broke Down Ranch said:

Yeah, I was just about to say "I wonder how many accidents he gets in while his eyes are wondering around looking at the pretty blooms and trees on the side of the road!?" *snort* *giggle*

:lol:

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
i get great joy out of agitating the crazy drivers too. oops i'm sorry, i didnt realize that you were trying to get around me or i would have sped up ... NOT!

Latest posts