Purple Peppers, or Garlic

GPN

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I want a good variety of Purple Peppers- Mild, hot, or Sweet!
{ I have pretty purples, explosive embers}
I also Want a different garlic that woulsd grow well in Alabama, I have elphant garlic ( I think) has a sphere purple bloom & good taste.

I have:
monkey grass clumps (5-10 plants)
Castor Beans (when they are ready to dry)
few other packaged seeds. OR Let me know what you need and I will see If I have any.

Thanks some much!
GPN

Ariel301

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I don't have either to offer you, but I thought I would let you know I've been growing the commercially grown garlic bulbs I buy from the grocery section of Walmart. The ones I have planted grow into something actually a bit better than the storebought ones, consistent flavor, good size, similar to the original but with a better, stronger flavor that I think comes from being grown at home without chemicals. It's worth a shot if you want to try it...at least it's pretty cheap. The stuff grows like crazy here in northwest Arizona (zone 8), we've got about the same temperatures as you except no humidity. I grow it in the winter time and really don't even water it, and it's ready to harvest in spring if I plant in October/November.

GPN

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
thanks I bought some from the store and had a few elephant toenails and a large clove of elephant garlic.
6101_garlic_planted_8-21-10_008.jpg

watered it in last night and then today I add beets between them, might have it over crowded, but I get the beets harvested before winter and then the garlic will winter in the tub.

GPN

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Also want Long Island Cheese Pumpkin seeds

flgardengirl

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I grew purple jalepenos last year. Man they were way hotter than the regular ones and very pretty and prolific. I got the seeds from Totally Tomatoes they weren't that much.

Latest posts