putting fish heads under tomatos..

smom1976

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Ok so I herd that if you put a fish head planted in the deep hole of a tomato it does really good.. so I did it.

this will be a test... I used fish head and then tail in the next hole.. My strawberry plants never came up so I planted my extra tomatos.. I have 3 rows of tomatos now.. good grief I will have tons!

but I planted my weakest plants in this row.. I figured if I get anything out of this one it will be great.. so I will let you know if the fish bodies worked!

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It should work.

I don't know if you can have too many tomatoes. Last year I had about 10 plants, but I think I'm going to try for 20-30 this year. It seems like I never get enough tomatoes to warrant canning any.

smom1976

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
It should work.

I don't know if you can have too many tomatoes. Last year I had about 10 plants, but I think I'm going to try for 20-30 this year. It seems like I never get enough tomatoes to warrant canning any.
I have 30 planted in the ground and about 8 more still in little peat pods.. I am going to plant them in pots.. just need to get around to it.

GardeNerd

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yucky! but I could see the theory behind trying it.

My dog would dig the plants up if I tried that! He goes around licking fish emulsion off things if I use it.

Baymen Moe

Leafing Out
Reaction score
When I was a kid (many years ago), we would bury what was left after fileting flounder we had caught. Always produced great gardens.

Bill

Latest posts