Question about pruning a new pear tree.

meatburner

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I just planted a new potted pear tree from Stark Brothers. I was trying to get bare root but waited too long to order. I was curious about a minor amount of pruning. A couple of the branches were not pruned to outward buds and wanted to know if pruning them now to outward buds was okay in my zone 6a/b. I am only talking about an couple of inches on a couple of nice long branches. Any thoughts would really be appreciated.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh yeah, you still have time.

Mine got "pruned" by my neighbors stinkin' goats, so I have to go back and do a little touch up on them.

meatburner

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
lol journey. Touching up out of common sense necessity is always good. Sounds like time for a fence in WV. Hope you folks are having some early
good gardening weather. It's really up and down here with the changing and inconsistent weather here.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's 32 degrees and supposed to snow tonight. I could just cry. Soooo sick of winter.

Yep, gonna have to fence the whole yard. Can't have nothin'! :rant

meatburner

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I understand journey. It's 37 here right now and predicting 27 tonight with some light rain/snow. No accumulation at all thought just uncomfortable weather when the sun comes up.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Yippee!!Yesterday--day off!!--was dry, so I got my lettuce and onions into my salad bed before last night's and today's rain!! I also finished up most of my fruit tree pruning. This weekend I'm starting spinach, cabbage, kohrobi, more garlic inside on my enclosed (but not heated) porch. We're expecting a rain/snow mix Saturday.
Will this winter EVER END?!?!?!?!? :he

Latest posts