Question for all of my grilling and smoking TEG friends!

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I just purchased this grill after careful consideration and help from my brother. I am so excited to cook one of our homegrown chickens on it! Has anyone ever used one of these before? I know we have a few grilling/smoking aficionados in our little community...

Here's the link to their website: http://www.louisiana-grills.com/index.php/grills/lg-series/lg-900

Here's the link to a video of it in action:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice grill! I grill, but only in the most basic of ways. But my brother lives to smoke and grill, and he's staying with us for a short while, so we've been getting a lot of his delicious grilled chicken and smoked meats for dinners.

What is the basic advantage of wood pellets over charcoal? Just curious, I've never seen a pellet bbq.

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
From what I gather, the pellets are a cleaner burn. They are also a more diverse way to flavor because you can choose different kinds of wood pellets to burn...not to mention this grill measures out the appropriate amount for different cuts of meat.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday,one of our next door neighbors opened her grill top to BBQ only to find a RAT chomping away on charred hamburger remains on the grate. What brought this to our attention was her loud SCREAM that riveled the early fire works set off by another neighbor. :ep I hear tell that BBQed rat is a taste fare :drool in some parts of rural India ! :th

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yesterday,one of our next door neighbors opened her grill top to BBQ only to find a RAT chomping away on charred hamburger remains on the grate. What brought this to our attention was her loud SCREAM that riveled the early fire works set off by another neighbor. :ep I hear tell that BBQed rat is a taste fare :drool in some parts of rural India ! :th
Gross! :sick

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I've eaten squirrel before and find it quite tasty. A squirrel is just a cuter rat with a furry tail.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, does it taste like chicken? :D I could never even taste it. We have squirrels here in Alameda and they are always digging in my garden. I just wish they would go away.

Mary

Ken Adams

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I have a similar model and it produces great food...however the cost of pellets prohibits regular use

Latest posts