quick question

gypsyfarm123

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Is it considered "bad etiquette" to PM people you don't really know? Like, if someone answers a question of mine..should I thank them in the thread? Or is it ok to PM the thank you? I myself like getting PM's but I don't want to be rude..t/y

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It is not rude, it's making friends! ;)

But responding in the thread because it's public is good too as it shows you are interested in the group.

So both ways are GOOD! :D

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hi craig, welcome! We're not shy here, feel free to PM if you'd like :) i do!! And anyway, you'll get to know us all pretty quickly anyway. I have family in PA who got abominated with all that rain from hurricane Lee, how'd you make out ??

gypsyfarm123

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Ok great (especially since I already pm'ed a lot of you lol). Yeah, we def got hit pretty good by the hurricane. Mostly rain for me (and one tree fell dangerously close to my house) ~actually its raining again now..I'm afraid my sump pump is gonna burn up! But at least ill have plenty of water for the garden (six rain barrel's out there). Thanks,again all<<craig

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I think it is never bad manners to thank someone. I never think anything about someone I don't know contacting me on a public forum. (either in a thread or pm)

hillsvale

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Kassaundra said:
I think it is never bad manners to thank someone. I never think anything about someone I don't know contacting me on a public forum. (either in a thread or pm)
agreed... good manners are essential on forums such as this.

gypsyfarm123

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Ha! That's funny:) I don't meet many "Craig's"(I think I met ONE other) usually people call me Greg when I introduce myself. I've gotten so tired of correcting them, I just answer by it lol. Its nice to meet you,btw

Latest posts