Quiet day in the forum

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
While I was in San Francisco today it was pretty quiet here.

Endocrinologist prescribed an immunosuppressant for me today. It is medicine similar to what transplant patients take.

My immune system is attacking my Thyroid gland and my eyes. It's way too robust.

(Neanderthal immune system and modern human thyroid?) (hybrid incompatibility?)
A lady at our church has lupus and that is caused by your immune system attacking itself. She started drinking kombucha tea a year ago and her doctor took her off her immunosuppressant medication and she is on thyroid medication and her doctor has cut the dosage twice now. I used to make it and drink it, but never as much as she is drinking, so I always wondered if it was just an internet gimmick, but now that I know somebody that has had real benefits from drinking it I have started drinking it again. I want to get to 3 glasses a day like she drinks. She said that is the only different thing she has done. She has been on thyroid medication since age 17 and she is around 40 years old. I am not sure how long she has had the lupus, but at least 10 years that I know of. I do know that it cured me of having to take Rolaids. I had heartburn and I even was getting to the point where sometimes I could not swallow food and it would seem to get stuck in my throat. I started drinking the tea and that went away and I never buy antacids and that has been for the last 13 years or so.

http://www.cleveland.com/healthfit/index.ssf/2013/07/kombucha_tea_touted_as_panacea.html

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gardening with Rabbits, Is the kombucha tea the one from the grocery store or is it from a specialty health food store. I've seen it at our grocery store but wasn't sure if it has too much sugar or other items we don't need. I'm interested in trying it.

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
No trick-or-treaters here. Being in the sticks means no Halloween visitors in nearly 40 years.

Marshallsmyth, take care of yourself! It doesn't sound a bit like fun, what you've described and we worry about you.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've been under the gun trying to finish sculpting a noggin for an 18 foot tall replica of the Lincoln Memorial, so that's taking up all my spare time. If I'd hopped on here, I might have seen Steve's severe weather thread in time! Also canned up 2 bushel of pears this week. Now I'm sick with the flu, guess I got run down.

GwR, I noticed the antacid effect of kombucha too. :cool:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Journey, do all the things you need to, to get well soon. Moms shouldn't get the flu. No sir!

While you are recuperating ~ 18' Lincoln Memorial! ~ watch that map in the severe weather thread . . .

See that "heavy snow possible" in southern BC? See if that comes any further south over the next couple of days. Oh, no!!!!

Steve

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
marshall, I sure hate that you have to take such tough medicine. I hope it helps to smooth your neanderthal immune system down a little.

no trick or treaters here. it might have something to do w/me turning the outside lights off because I was in a grouchy mood & not fit company for a bunch of cutie goblins.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
ninnymary said:
Gardening with Rabbits, Is the kombucha tea the one from the grocery store or is it from a specialty health food store. I've seen it at our grocery store but wasn't sure if it has too much sugar or other items we don't need. I'm interested in trying it.

Mary
If it says raw, then it is the same. Our grocery store sells it too. A lot of them have different flavors, so I am not sure what would be added.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
This morning is even quieter here!

I have to try some of that Kombucha stuff. Which aisle will it be in?

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, I found kombucha in google. Looks like it won't be far from Snapple tea.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
The Wikipedia article about Kombucha is a classic poorly written one! It is noted at the top of it as such.

The dates and timings of its history are very much out of whack! Each paragraph disagrees with the prior paragraphs.

In fact, studying all the things wrong with the article make for a better understanding of how to recognize a good Wiki article!

Latest posts