Quotes and thoughts for the day

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
"Hello! This is God. I will be handling all of your problems today. I will NOT need any help from you. Have a good day!"

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Three minutes and 21 seconds ... I had a tear in my eye when it was over :):

Steve

Made me cry too. I LOVED the Bookmobile...but where I lived they didn't drive up, they sent them to us in the mail every week. It was like Christmas every time those books came in the mail and I was just like the lady in this story...I devoured books as quickly as they came. We worked really hard back then on the homestead, so reading had to be done whenever one could steal a moment...in the outhouse(went there a lot, just to read out of sight of my Dad), right before bed, on the bus to school, in class at school, study hall, church, etc.

I lived where the school libraries were small and had a lot of older books, so I had read all the books in the elementary school library by 4th grade...every single one, even the simplest ones. That left 5-6th grade with no new books and I had read all our books at home several times over~Reader's Digest condensed books and Louis L'Amour mostly. I was reading Steinbeck, Lee, Peck and Buck out of those RD books in 5th grade but had read them so many times that getting a chance at any reading I wanted from the BookMobile was like heaven!

I loved the BookMobile, but then they stopped offering that service, so no more getting those wonderful envelopes in the mail. By then I had moved on to high school and a whole new library of books to consume, so it wasn't so bad....but I'll always remember what a blessing the Book Mobile was back in those days. :love

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. - Marcus Tullius Cicero

I don't quite agree but Cicero is entitled to his opinions! I mean, after all!

;) Steve

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
teg.jpg

Latest posts