Quotes and thoughts for the day

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
FBxg9iFWQAAXGRI_kindlephoto-466138020.jpg

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like that one Steve. Back when I was working in an office when things got really hectic, schedules and people were really getting on my nerves, I'd stop everything, walk down the hall to the coffee pot, and get a cup of coffee. When I got back I'd have calmed down and could actually get something done.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Listening to your life means having patience. Many of us confront most of life with a prematurely evaluating attitude. We have a natural tendency to make up our mind instantly, the moment we encounter something. The problem is that once we've filed something away with a judgment - even our very selves - we stop seeing it in all its complexity. The wilderness teaches negative capacity, the ability to rest in uncertainty, to not jump to premature conclusions.

David Brooks, The Second Mountain

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well !

I had no idea that David Brooks of the NY Times wrote a book like that.

With all that has been slung at him over the years, he must be much happier thinking like that ... maybe a monastic retirement is in his future :).

Steve

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
there was an original circle of life or sphere since cells would have been circular floating in a pool or in the ocean. that the circles also get bigger and involve more than one creature should be no surprise. in nature not many things are straight lines for long.
Someone once said too me when something happens in our lives, just like the circles in water everyone nearby will be affected, no matter what it is

:confused: or something like that I really can't remember too tell you truth

:hide

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Advice from a kindergarten kid:
You gotta say your affirmations in your mouth and your heart. You say, ‘I am brave!’ , ‘I am loved!’, ‘I smell good!’ And you can say five or three or ten until you know it.
You gotta walk big. You gotta mean it. Like Dolly on a dinosaur. Because you got it.
Never put a skunk on a bus.
Think about the donuts of your day! Even if you cry a little, you can think about potato chips.
You gotta take a deep breath and you gotta do it again.
Even if it’s a yucky day, you can get a hug.

Don’t get distracted and your feet will stay on the sidewalk.