Rabbits from Mars?

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
my local chipmunks do this all the time. if i move stuff around the woodpile i tend to find their stashes of BOSS and cracked corn. i know house mice tend to do that around areas they think they found a good supply of food. i thought this new/older house was too good to be true when i hadn't seen any signs of mice. i happen to be going through one of my kitchen draws a few weeks ago and moved a roll of opened plastic wrap and found a stash of dog food in the tube. :/ i just thought my 2 cats have been a good deterrent to keep those varmints out. guess they're just looking the other direction since it's not their food the mice were taking.

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
MontyJ said:
desertlady said:
Im in a battle with cottontail rabbits ! I never had a problem with them in the past. Now they found my garden! Last night I put chicken wire around my garden. This morning I came across the strangest thing I ever saw ! little patches of chicken feed around my garden ! NO kids were around. Any idea what caused this?
Meanwhile, in the chicken coop...

Hen 1, "Did you see the look on her face?"

General cackles of amusement from the flock.

Hen 2, "That was priceless! Hey mouse, great job. Thanks for carrying that food out for us. We've really got her scratching her head on this one!"

More cackles...

Mouse, "No problem, thanks for the chow!"

Hen 1, "OK, what do we do now?"

Hen 2, "Maybe the mouse could bring us some golf balls to put the nesting boxes!"

Even more amused cackles.

To be continued...
:yuckyuck

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Chickie'sMomaInNH said:
my local chipmunks do this all the time. if i move stuff around the woodpile i tend to find their stashes of BOSS and cracked corn. i know house mice tend to do that around areas they think they found a good supply of food. i thought this new/older house was too good to be true when i hadn't seen any signs of mice. i happen to be going through one of my kitchen draws a few weeks ago and moved a roll of opened plastic wrap and found a stash of dog food in the tube. :/ i just thought my 2 cats have been a good deterrent to keep those varmints out. guess they're just looking the other direction since it's not their food the mice were taking.
that might be the answer! there are desert ground squrrils(spelled wrong) and something similar to chipmunks!

Latest posts