radish flowers

bills

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks Poppycat! I love capers, and a little radishy zing to them might be a real treat. I will try that if I have any radish let go to long this year.

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Reinbeau said:
If you haven't pulled them yet, leave them. The seed pods of the radish are delish! There's a variety that's grown just for the pods, I grew it one year and they were yummy. Give it a try!
Reinbeau, there are actually 2 varieties grown for their seed pods, do you happen to remember which it is, and would you like to grow them again?

One is "rat tail" which grows low, and the pods are long and thin....looking like a rodent tail.

The other are munchen biers, which grow on a nice bush early in the spring, and have a fat pod which is delicious. As you can tell, I prefer the munchen biers. Also, because they are so early, their flowers are some of the first for all sorts of garden buggies. :)

The munchen biers were lost one year, maybe 15 years ago, but I had seed, and brought them back. Then someone else messed with them a little, and I can't guarantee they are exactly as they always were, since they were an old variety. I know they changed the name slightly when that happened. But they're probably still good.

I need to see if any of my original seed is still viable.

If you'd like one of the podding radishes, just let me know, or else you can look at Bountiful Gardens. :)

Latest posts