rain, rain go away

gone 2 seed

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
My garden spot will not dry out enough so that I can till. I am so ready to plant. I am hoping to get the onions and strawberries in tomorrow before it rains again on Wednesday. :barnie

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Send it our way. I was at my mother's house today checking on things (she was away until today) and I noticed shoots wilting. The rhodies out back are curling up it's so dry. We haven't had significant rain here for almost two weeks (.07" doesn't do much). I hope this isn't an indication of the season, dry springs are hard to recover from around here lately.

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
We are over 4" behind on rainfall already this year so I won't complain if we get a little here.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Gone 2 Seed... they are calling for 3 days of rain now. (Chances of showers through out friday) Its a real bummer... but after how many years of drought, I'm kind of welcoming the rain. Just think, maybe we won't have 1" thick yellow ick pollen stuck to our windows and cars next month?! Oh, to have one year where I'm not sneezing so hard I can't keep my eyes open for more then 5 minutes throughout the day!!!! :/

Though maybe 2-3 days of dry and some sun would be helpful. I have strawberries that should be here on Friday. :D

gone 2 seed

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
vfem said:
Gone 2 Seed... they are calling for 3 days of rain now. (Chances of showers through out friday) Its a real bummer... but after how many years of drought, I'm kind of welcoming the rain. Just think, maybe we won't have 1" thick yellow ick pollen stuck to our windows and cars next month?! Oh, to have one year where I'm not sneezing so hard I can't keep my eyes open for more then 5 minutes throughout the day!!!! :/

Though maybe 2-3 days of dry and some sun would be helpful. I have strawberries that should be here on Friday. :D
vfem,

My husband said the same thing that I should be glad we are getting rain after we have been in the drought for so long. All I want is like you said 2-3 days of sun so I can till and get my plants in the ground. I am planting my onion set regardless of what mess I make this afternoon with the tiller. If it is not bad maybe I will get the 50 strawberry plants I have in a hole in the garden to keep them moist.

This is the first year from my new garden spot so I couldn't prepare the land in the fall. So I haven't even been able to get lettuce, carrots or radish planted yet.

I know in two months I will be on here eating my words and wishing for rain.

Susan