Rain, rain, rain ....

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just started raining. I love rain when I don't have to drive/work/go out in it and can sit here all dry and snug on the laptop. :lol:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gusts above 40mph and the rain-soaked streets are no longer rain-soaked. No, it hasn't rained much here but snow is very nicely in our forecast for Sunday. The snow level falling to a 1900 foot elevation will mean snow everywhere, hereabouts - if the WS is right. Probably just a skiff on the daffodils and it will melt immediately ;).

The high today was 60 but with all the wind, I was surprised that the greenhouse made it up to 72 once. Just a touch of sunshine, I haven't even turned off the furnace today and it still hasn't kicked on at what must be officially sundown.

It was gratifying to see my new hoop house at 67 when I got back from a run to get pot. Actually, that should be potS since I came home with a case of them :D. I insulated the shed walls with fiberglass bats this morning. Still haven't done anything about the roof or doors. Still, it held onto the heat in all the gale force winds nearly as well as the greenhouse which had the advantage of the furnace running all night.

Steve :D

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It's raining here now. Severe storms in the forcast. I can see lightning in the sky and thunder is booming.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your rain was supposed to come our way, Carol, but it's totally disappeared off the forecast now. Looks like they went over well north of me and found you, Monty! Lots of sun to come next week, for now anyway...it changes so quickly this time of year. :coolsun That's why I like my signature...it's there to remind me NOT to rely on the forecast or I'll miss the boat on what I need to be doing.

Hehe...that's a cute smiley, Steve!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
digitS' said:
It was gratifying to see my new hoop house at 67 when I got back from a run to get pot.

I must say I was a little shocked to read that... :p but I guess that's what happens by living so close to that border....

And did you say SNOW on Sunday!?! That's just wrong. I was cautiously optimistic that all that nonsense was behind us. But I guess it makes sense, it is just April still :rolleyes:.

After a fairly calm, but slightly rainy day, we are just this moment getting your wind and rain is pouring down.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
digitS' said:
It was gratifying to see my new hoop house at 67 when I got back from a run to get pot.

I must say I was a little shocked to read that....
Oh, it gets better. The greenhouse furnace may have come on by now but the unheated hoop house is now 3 warmer . . ! There's no interior sheathing of any sort, yet. There's no insulation in the shed roof! I guess the greenhouse is losing more heat because it is so much taller but I really didn't expect such a big improvement in holding daytime warmth by just insulating the attached shed walls :).

Yes, a chance of snow on the ground Sunday, Monday and Tuesday mornings. The lows will be well below freezing. Now, we are still a little ways out so that may all change :fl .

Steve

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
digitS' said:
thistlebloom said:
digitS' said:

I must say I was a little shocked to read that....
Oh, it gets better. The greenhouse furnace may have come on by now but the unheated hoop house is now 3 warmer . . ! There's no interior sheathing of any sort, yet. There's no insulation in the shed roof! I guess the greenhouse is losing more heat because it is so much taller but I really didn't expect such a big improvement in holding daytime warmth by just insulating the attached shed walls :).

Yes, a chance of snow on the ground Sunday, Monday and Tuesday mornings. The lows will be well below freezing. Now, we are still a little ways out so that may all change :fl .

Steve
Thank you for sending rain......but keep the cold to make snow! :cool:

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wish you guys could send some of that rain here. Our rainy season is about over. No more rain till next Fall. The rainy season was pretty puny this year. I had to water most days even when we can normally depend on rain.

Latest posts