Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi,

Rainy day pictures! I love rain!..or drizzle LOL :weee

Here is my Buddleia, a rather large white one
2m625h2.jpg

Cosmos look bright today!
317crjo.jpg

I am pleased with this color of Snaps, I need more of these!
m7q35h.jpg

OK, there is more out there..but then I started melting LOL :hide

Enjoy!

Ron

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hey good for you water from the sky!
Great landscape. Everything looks so neat and clean.
Not to mention all the great plants you are able to grow with such little rainfall.

Great work my friend. Joe

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It is called $100 per month water bill LOL

Ron

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
No, I am the water table! :lol:

I am only about 20 minutes walk to the Rio Grande River. So this land is river-bottom clay and considered a Flood zone.

The actual water sits about 15-18 feet below me, give or take depending on the time of year.

Ron

Oh I understand, you are used to consistent conditions. We are arid, but we are also very diverse. For instance, if you were to fly over New Mexico and follow along the Rio Grande River, down through Texas and Mexico, you would see that the tiny strip along the river is a living oasis. Big cottonwoods, and lush orchards. Most of it used to be farmed, now-a-days the farmers are out of here and selling land (well before the bubble burst). So I am in that 'green belt'. I am on County Water and I pay for it by the gallon. I use about 20,000 gallons a month and so I am delivering it below me, into the water table; where the farmers then pump it out. LOL. So I feel less guilty by it, but I do wish I were on my own well.

homestead holdout

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Preeeeettttttyyyyyyyyyy!!!! Very peaceful ! And I like that you tossed in the plastic flamingo's so as not to take yourself to seriously!!! ;)

PS I love my well - hee hee :plbb

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The flamingos were literally thrown into the back of my truck as garbage debris.

I called my friend (whom I just cleaned out beds for a supposed "society garlic") and told her "very funny girl". I did not find them until I returned home.

They were so ugly, just a bland Pepto Bismol Pink with a black airbrush eye and black beak. Just dreadful!

So I went about repainting my new friends. I think I got the eyes perfect!

If the paint wears off I am going to redo them in blue next time!

2lbgrw2.jpg

5dqmwx.jpg

25sv6g8.jpg

Maybe I got the eyes a bit too creepily real looking!
i3wfbc.jpg

21jdsi8.jpg

They are how Martha would say, "So Gay"!

LOL

Ron

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Southern Gardener said:
Oh so pretty! See, I want my place to look like that but I just don't know where to begin. I love the the flamingos!
I think the trick is to just plant. I have pictures of that white Buddleia when it was barely a foot tall as a cutting.

OMG...look, see that stick in the ground, that is my big Butterfly bush/Buddleia. Yeah, I just stuck a stick in the ground and it grew!
2iv17rs.jpg

Here she is getting bigger! Who would have thought it would look as it does today?
2i1mikl.jpg

That coop was later torn down due to predator issues and it later became my sitting area, then I saw what it needed to become.

I put in raised beds with free railroad ties, the grasses seem to come and go. The latest take over is the Mexican Petunia, but one day I will dig it all out and try something new.

Look at how empty without the Pergola, but below in the beds you can see things getting planted. I did all the trees as twigs and they all have slowly gained height over the years. I love seeing it get bigger and bigger. All my trees now are nearing 12-15 feet tall.
2rhr984.jpg

here is the same view...still changing!
330tz55.jpg

So I guess the best thing to do to season a yard to look so grown and sort of Landscaped is to plant, plant, replant, and let it take over! Keep an eye out for those empty spots where you can make changes...and let them all flow together.

Wow, how clean and empty....but not for long. You can see my Japanese Juniper in the corner, and along the left view of the Pergola is a thin tall Mimosa (mimosa are hard to train tall...mine is tall now)...amazing!
16johgp.jpg

So number one secret is plant, plant, plant....then plant again! LOL ..but, it is cheaper by seed and by twig! :frow

Ron