Raise your hand if you have a cat on your lap right now

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Clevland, my Abyssinian gophergitter turned inside the house cat, has taken to sitting on my lap soon as I turn the computer on.

Does this count as a cost or as payment? He never did have to do gophergitting duty. So far the other measures are working. My kids happen to be cats!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Alas, Bell, the lazy indoor pet turned outside cat will never sit on my lap as I work on the computer, but takes every opportunity to do so outside.

Rescued from an appointment with Dr. Kavorkian by mere hours, she hasn't developed the ability or desire to use a litter box - indeed the reason she was destined for euthanasia - so she was forced to stay outside if she wanted to stay with us at all.

It's been nearly 7 years since Bell came to live with us. She goes from fat and lazy in the winter to spry and skinny come spring. While she's never learned to be a good mouser, she will try hard to catch a chipmunk only to play with it until it makes its escape.

I've tried everything I could think of to at least find a cat-safe place for her inside during the most frigid winter nights with no success, however she seems happy with the little house we built for her on the porch with her water-proof pillow and space blanket.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a squirmy baby on my lap and a rotten kitty laying curled up at my feet. She'll plick me if I move a toe! :hide

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Does it count if it's really HER computer and I'm just using it?
Ratatat is one of my bottle raised babies. The moment she discovered that it 'was made of warm' she adopted the computer as hers.
She's pretty generous about letting me use it though.

8721_mice_and_bugs.jpg

8721_ratatat_11311.jpg

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
She's adorable. :) When I go to the vet's office, their cat is always lying on top of the computer too.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
well, the cat is currently sleeping on the dog's big pillow. and the fat, happy corgi is sleeping noisily beside me on my bed. :rolleyes: neither animal strays from my side long enough for me to miss their company when i'm at home. wish i could work from home because i could really use their comfort many days. :p

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
My cat's use me as a heat mat only when it's cold and they can't get on top of an aquarium.
On my legs, lap, stomach, tucked under my chin[cat-stache], on my shoulder or right on my laptop if they manage to roll/flip onto it...They'll sneak onto where my laptop was so I can't put it back down or steal my spot on the couch...
As long as they aren't breaking glass and going swimming with the lights on my fish tanks...it's ok...lol. Or as long as they don't flop down in the doorway and trip us...:D
Who knew two cats were such a pain/hassle. :D

Latest posts