beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score

epitman

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
beavis said:
epitman said:
this is my garden a little raised and all brand new im planting the right side today
http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/uploads/7827_02231109261.jpg
planting the rest in 2 weeks :woot
epitman, from the picture it gives the impression that the dirt inside the timbers is the same height as the surrounding dirt.

Is your dirt really sandy?
Thats right the timbers are ground level and yes my ground is sandy i live in south carolina and its a sandy clayish dirt i have been adding chicken poop to that area for about 6 months trying to boost the soil up. Im using the timbers to keep the mower out this summer. Any garden tips will be helpful thanks

Usc529

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
yes we do have sandy soil here in aiken sc what are them poles sticking up in your garden? :tools

Usc529

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
look a my garden area buddy 25x20
7828_dscn5896.jpg

epitman

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Usc529 said:
Wooo Hoooo buddy did you tilled the chicken poop in that you got from me???? I have 2 full rows of onion growing and in about a week i will be planting my walla walla onions, brussels sprout, and okra then about another week maybe the mater plants will be ready to plant. I have got 2 pots that I am going to expermint with Im going to grow a HUGE MATER!!!! :thumbsup

Usc529

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
heck yea man chicken poop tilled right into the soil dont be mad if i produce a HUGE!!!!!!!!! crop this year hahahaha
epitman said:
Usc529 said:
Wooo Hoooo buddy did you tilled the chicken poop in that you got from me???? I have 2 full rows of onion growing and in about a week i will be planting my walla walla onions, brussels sprout, and okra then about another week maybe the mater plants will be ready to plant. I have got 2 pots that I am going to expermint with Im going to grow a HUGE MATER!!!! :thumbsup

wsmoak

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Here are a couple of my 4x8 beds:

110303_4623 by wsmoak, on Flickr

The bigger plants are some collards that survived the winter, and I just put out some broccoli and spinach starts yesterday. The brussels sprouts are hardening off on the porch and will go out next.

It's wrapped in deer netting on T-posts for the moment, I'm waiting for my special order garden fence to come in at TSC.

-Wendy

Latest posts