Raised beds, watering system & pavers are finished

SewingDiva

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Updated Feb 28, 2009: my blog has an illustrated Word document you can download that goes into detail on this set up and notes the materials you need to make your own rain water collection system. Enjoy! :)Phyllis

My husband (he posts here as SewingDiva Husband) built the beds himself from Trex, but we wimped out and had pur landscaper install the pavers.

But he did build and design the watering system himself. Our town offers subsidized rainwater barrels because we have really high water rates, so he installed four 50 gallon barrels behind the garage:

2579111928_272c38a4ce.jpg

The he rigged them together and attached a small water pump:

2578279525_7d5f36a279_o.jpg

So far this watering system works pretty well! The pump is noisy, but the water pressure is great and I can water the entire garden in maybe 30 minutes. Here is the view towards the backyard - you can see the chicken coop he has almost finished - our chicks arrive Wednesday!

2578274389_305a0497fd.jpg

~Phyllis

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I had to show this to dh, and he proclaimed it: Great! :happy_flower

I really like your dh's design, and love the work your landscaper did. Excellent set-up, you must be very proud of how it's coming together!

We just got our newest chicks on Monday, so have 28 little fuzzballs in the living room staying warm and being spoiled. :)

Wrong forum, I know, but since they will be tied into your garden :D may I ask what type, and how many, you are expecting? :)

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That is quite the handsome setup you've got there! Great job! Now I want to try something like your rainbarrel-and-pump setup... :)

Also please allow me to say, absolutely ROTFLMAO at your labels :)

Pat

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
WOW!!! :ep No bending over, no getting on your knees? It looks very neat and efficient! Now I have to go out to my garden and apologize for coveting your setup. I'm sure it heard me salivating from in here! :love

My little scrap lumber and shallow beds look so humble and scraggly now......oops! There I go again! :fl Maybe I should covet the husband instead! I wouldn't feel so guilty...like I'm cheating on my garden! :lol:

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I was going to warn you that it was a "coveting" moment, Beekissed. Guess I was too late! ;)

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
TY, Tutter....at least you tried! :bouquet You know...I never wanted fame, fortune, jewelry, new cars or houses.....but, man, lately I've been coveting wood piles, mulch hay sitting in the fields, lumber piles, flowers, gardens...you name it, if it looks abandoned and in need of love and,... well, of being put to better use...like...at MY house, I can't seem to stop coveting! :D

Ya gotta' admit that is one SWEET setup! :love

ShellieESterling

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
:th

OMG I must have this... :lol:

My DH would fall in love with your backyard. That's simply amazing! Congrats!! I love the rainwater setup too, that's so cool!

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
That is quite the handsome setup you've got there! Great job! Now I want to try something like your rainbarrel-and-pump setup... :)

Also please allow me to say, absolutely ROTFLMAO at your labels :)

Pat
Ditto, Pat! I finally got to see the whole picture and got to read the funny labels. Too much!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts