Raised Garden... Almost Done! (Updated Photos 3/5/09)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I just wanted to share how far I've gotten... been waiting for the soil to get put in before we raise the fence. Hubby PROMISED me this saturday for sure. We'll see :lol:

raised_garden.jpg

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
beavis said:
Nice!

What are you trying to keep out with the fence.

As far as your husband goes, well, there is a lot of football on TV:D:D:D
Well I know Dallas ain't playing so I'm not too worried! LOL

We have a wooded area and a pond so there are deer, wild dogs and stray cats.... as well as my own chickens! Who LOVE tomatoes... and I will mostly have tomatoes and some corn more then anything else.

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
WoW. How deep are those? They look great. No trees or nothing so they will get full sun.

ETA: Where are you getting the soil?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thanks... we're getting some loem from a local landscaping place. They fill my husband's pick up truck for $35. I got a truckload of peagravel from them for $35 as well. They're pretty inexpensive. Topsoil (which is our sandy clay ickiness) is $20 a truck load.

I can't wait to get it here and mix in my compost I've had going.

Behind the 12" deep raised bed, I'll be prepping the ground to give me 3 12' rows of corn. The walk around everything will have a peagravel and flag stone walking path to help keep weeds out and no need to mow around the inside.

allabout

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I'm excited to see this project. I think it will be interesting to see this as it progresses along. Keep everyone updated!

2 Beauts

Leafing Out
Reaction score
WOW! That's lookin' good! We're just getting our idea's together, so this gives me a good idea where to start!

Keep the pics comin'

Beth
Zone 7

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We managed a lot more then I thought today! We got a late start.

Got the beds filled with compost/loem mix. Got a yard of it for $25!!! There prices drop off season for sure, I'm glad I waited. Had WAY too much left over so my husband built me a raised bed at the end of the deck to fill with the rest of the soil. Only think I had planted there was a dwarf hibiscus. Now I can fill another garden bed.

We had to move the 2 pallets of wood he had been dumpster diving for and place them under the deck. They are all nice and organized now, and he says ready to grab what he needs when he goes to build me more benches for the garden!

raised_garden2.jpg

raised_garden3.jpg

under_deck.jpg

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Looking great. So what are you going to plant?

IMO, I saw lots more room to build more raised bed....JK ;)

Latest posts