Raised the lid to the grill, this morning, and inside of it was.....

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
boggybranch said:
journey11 said:
Oh Boggy, I can't believe you're TOUCHING that thing! I am not particularly scared of snakes, but I don't think I could bring myself to pick one up. *shudders just looking at the pic*
Just, don't think of it as being a snake........think of it as being a very long lizard without legs :lol:
Haha...that is so funny... :lol: I have picked up lizards before, but I guess I am more afraid of the snake biting me! We had a couple of pet skinks we kept over the winter. We caught them easily while they were hibernating. Their teeny-tiny little mouths would have had a hard time biting my finger. I've heard even non-poisonous snake bites really hurt and may cause infection from bacteria and such. *OK, just talking about snakes is creeping me out!* :barnie

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
When I was a kid I used to bring snakes home by slipping them inside the handlebars on my bike and putting the handgrips on so they couldn't get out till I let them out at home.

retiredwith4acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I used to be deathly afraid of snakes but since I taught science had to get over a little of that so not to instill fear in my students and teach them to appreciate all creatures role on earth. SO, the last 3 years a snake has lived around here with us. BUT, this spring I have been having a problem with a chicken snake eating my babies and my eggs. I have tried to catch it and not been successful so if I can't do better at that will have to think of another way to resolve the situation.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Those chicken snakes can get huge and do a lot of damage. There comes a time when you have to say ENOUGH when a critter invades your space. That's your territory and there's nothing wrong with defending it.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I was a little girl I used to bring snakes home to show Mom, who was deathly afraid of them. I got in trouble several times for that. I still get in trouble for that even as a grandma. A couple of years ago I assisted a client (10 yr old boy) in bringing a snake home to show his Mom and Sis. It was a pencil-sized green snake, the most harmless thing there is. But Mom freaked out--How could I have known she had gotten bit by a copperhead 10 years ago?!? :hide

That Mom eventually did fire me, but it was for something other than a snake. :D

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
hoodat said:
When I was a kid I used to bring snakes home by slipping them inside the handlebars on my bike and putting the handgrips on so they couldn't get out till I let them out at home.
Boys will be boys! :lol:

Latest posts