Random plant growing in my garden...

Hanalei

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I have no idea what this is. It's a pretty good size - probably 14 to 18 inches tall now. At first we thought it might be a potato plant, but after looking them up online, it looks nothing like one. It's growing in the one of the beds of my garden (we did dump food scraps/compost in there over the winter, so it's pretty likely that it's a vegetable or fruit.) Any ideas? I'm pretty sure it's not a lettuce of any kind, but other than that, I don't know.

9255_dsc_0927.jpg

Hanalei

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Well, I don't know for sure that it's not a weed, obviously, but there's a ton of plants growing in there (mostly melons) from scraps that we dumped, so it certainly could be a plant, and it could be a weed. We do get a lot growing from the scraps, though - last year we had little avocado trees, honeydews, and tomato plants that grew from the compost. :)

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
got them in abundance over here too. i was thinking it was some sort of horseradish but it isn't-roots don't seem to get that big to use.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not a weed expert but very common here. Nasty weed.

Hanalei

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Curly dock... yeah, that certainly looks like it. There's no flowers on it right now. Can you use it for anything?

Latest posts