Raspberry pie

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a lot of raspberries and I usually mix them with rhubarb and make crisps. My DS is very picky and does not like raspberries, but I made the best pie ever last night. I picked a quart of raspberries and made this pie. I bought the crust, deep dish and put a crust on top. I probably have a quart to pick today, but I also have some pie cherries and I probably will make my own crust for the next pies, but here is the raspberry filling. The 4 tablespoons of butter are to cut and put on top of the pie before putting the top crust on. This pie was not runny and with some vanilla ice cream on top I even got DS who is 13 to eat some pie.

1 quart fresh raspberries

1 1/4 cups white sugar

8 teaspoons cornstarch

2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca

6 tablespoons water

4 tablespoons butter

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yummy! I keep hoping for enough berries for a pie... maybe next year.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, that sounds so good! My plants are loaded this year. I just hope the wasps don't make a mess of them again. Pie is on the agenda!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love raspberries, but there isn't any growing around here. You DS doesn't like raspberry pie?? :th Send it to meeeeee!!!!!!

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
They actually ate all of it, but right now in the oven is a cherry pie from the cherry bushes and has a store bought crust and another raspberry pie that my daughter made the crust, but forgot to put the butter on top after she already had the top crust on, so did surgery and cut the dough and put the dots of butter in, so not sure how that is going to look.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gardening with Rabbits said:
They actually ate all of it, but right now in the oven is a cherry pie from the cherry bushes and has a store bought crust and another raspberry pie that my daughter made the crust, but forgot to put the butter on top after she already had the top crust on, so did surgery and cut the dough and put the dots of butter in, so not sure how that is going to look.
TORTURE! TORTURE! AAARRGH!!! :drool

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
The raspberry pie is a little runny this time and maybe a little more tart and not the same wonderful flavor the other pie had. DD made the crust and it is not that good. Both of us are trying to learn to make good pie crust. Sometimes we can and then other times it is not so good. The cherry pie is really good. It has a good taste and not runny. DS said with vanilla ice cream he ALMOST, YES ALMOST liked it. :gig I saw his plate in the kitchen with a napkin on it hiding some peas and blue mashed potoates he did not eat. He ALMOST needs to go to the woodshed. :gig He is 13, slim and about 5' 10, so I guess he has been eating enough.