Raw milk scare

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Illegal is illegal any way you look at it.
Put any spin you want on it but they are still illegal!!!
The other thing is if you want to be a part of this nation why not learn to speak English???

THANX RICH

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Miss Cane, How cows are tested, hair from the tail is sent for testing. From here we send to the Veterinary Lab University of California Davis.

They aren't cheap, as you've said, but a calf can be had for around $2,500 Less for a bull. If registered a bit more. If you want a miniature you want them 42" or less. They are bettered suited to a family setting. As they get larger they can be cheaper. The smaller Miniature are sought after. A cow or calf that is a1 a2 is a fine choice.
This rating is just getting popular here, having started in Australia & NZ. Many think it doesn't make sense, but we pay attention to it.

The Jersey was originally small and was bred larger here in the states. During WWII the Germans occupied the Island of Jersey and ate all the cows, the effort is to bring them back to what is accepted as their original size.
Guernsey is from the Island of Guernsey, both have different names also, not far away.

Jerseys are more deer like and sometimes are bred together, Guernsey being larger, to get a larger cow but with the rich in butter fat of the Jersey.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Most jobs are taken that Americans would gladly do. Americans will wait tables work at dairy. Yes, Americans want to be paid.

Last edited:

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Down the street from me is a meeting place for day labors in the morning. Landscapers, painters and contractors go there to pick up help. Anyone who wants to work can stand there, I pass by this spot every day on way to work. There are anywhere from 20 to 40 men waiting for work, I have never in all the years passing seen someone with blonde hair among them. Americans in this area do not want to work outside in summer. They are not taking jobs away they are doing jobs no one wants to do.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Down the street from me is a meeting place for day labors in the morning. Landscapers, painters and contractors go there to pick up help. Anyone who wants to work can stand there, I pass by this spot every day on way to work. There are anywhere from 20 to 40 men waiting for work, I have never in all the years passing seen someone with blonde hair among them. Americans in this area do not want to work outside in summer. They are not taking jobs away they are doing jobs no one wants to do.

That's been my observation as well. And, yes, they are illegal for the most part as it pertains to this country's laws, but many are fleeing from something far more dangerous than anything this country can impose upon them for breaking the law. I wonder how we would act in the same circumstances?

We have business owners that actually travel to Mexico frequently and fund these people to come across the border and all the way to WV, sets them up in housing(with a high rent, of course), even buys them vehicles in his name(rents it to them), pays for the insurance, etc. Who's breaking the law here? No penalty for the business owner, raid after raid on his place with the "illegals" sent back to Mexico...and then he just takes another vacation to Mexico to recruit more workers. :rolleyes: SHAME on those bad illegals! Shame!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
We could go back if you want and give everything back to native Indians. We'll start with Manhatton.....let's see how that flies.

No one is blaming the immigrants. I blame the people that HIRE them as they are unwilling to pay a living wage. By having all this slave labor, a working man can't make a decent living. IF you know a business uses this type of business practice, don't utilize them.

A major problem is IF you have a low paying job, your children don't get free medical, free school, etc as the immigrants get. Better with our government to either be illegal or non-working. Grass root unions need to be established-UAW has out lived its value.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
What a lot of people like to over look is a large part of the west coast belonged to Mexico.
Perhaps a small part of the Southern West coast was part of Mexico, but most was claimed by Spain when Mexico also was Spanish. Texas, however, was a part of Mexico before and after the Spanish conquest.

I have always heard that the Hispanics (I hesitate to classify all of them as Mexican since many are from Central and South America who entered through Mexico) are only doing the jobs Americans don't want or won't do. Yes, I do see Hispanic gardeners, dishwashers, pickers, and cleaning crews, but I also see roofers, siding crews, drywall and plasterers, concrete contractors, even plumbing and electrical crews made up of Hispanic workers. No way all of these are jobs Americans won't do. Construction trade wages -- once paid under the table to Hispanic workers -- have dropped to a level that most find won't support a living wage anymore for an American family.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
There are NO jobs we won't do by American labor. It's the pay. People don't want to pay a fair wage-unless forced (unions). Love all,our rich getting caught with illegals doing their house work, gardening, raising their kids because they are too lazy to do it themselves or want to pay next to nothing.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
No disrespect meant to anyone here, but
Illegal's get perks/freebees Americans can't get. It's difficult for Americans to get free Med and Aid and work on the side aswell. Getting money from the government and working too makes for quite a good bundle of money. Some don't bother to work, just take the aid.
Americans are not the lazy sort that some make us out to be.
Wifey and the girls are out feeding the animals and mucking now, the girls muck for a rancher by our lower ranch. I've bussed tables, worked at dairys and in poultry processing plants, mixed concrete and other jobs that American have always done. America didn't become what it is because of illegal labor.
One more thing, standing in a brasero line isn't the friendliest safest place in the country for a young blond American boy, it's good for you, teach you how to fight in an unfriendly crowd.