Reasonable Pots

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Gosh, I've saved so many pots like these from buying plants over the years, that I don't ever buy them. Have you tried looking at garage sales? I also got about 8 terra cotta pots from my SIL last year. DD transported, 2 cracked, but I'm using one to cover my Azalea this winter, where the crack doesn't matter.
I even got some containers free or really cheap buying dried out (but viable) geraniums and petunias last year on clearance.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Freecycle is another great site. You sign up for your area, need to be accepted, and people offer things that they do not need. The concept was to keep items out of the landfill. I think it is national.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
For seed starting, I still find my quart milk container (cut in half) to be the cheapest and most useful. Not very attractive, I admit! Free cycle and Craigslist are both great sources for all kinds of great stuff!

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I went to a local K-Mart several years ago and talked to the garden employee. The season was ending and he was dumping the dead and dying plants into a dumpster. All I had to do was ask and he gave me hundreds of containers of various sizes from 3" up to 6" pots both round and square including the carry trays.

Latest posts