recent travels

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hey guys, we've been back from our most recent trip to Utah for a few days. I haven't had much time to post photos...but got a few minutes at work and here are a few of our pics! We had a fabulous time, it rained before we were there, and the desert was green, blooming. Gorgeous with all the amazing red, pink, gray, and black rocks there. I took over 600 pictures (that's not counting the ones my husband took...) but I won't bore you with that many. Just a couple! I'll try and post more here next week when I get more time at home too (only have access to a few here at work).

A long exposure taken at sunset from an amazing free campspot in Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument we had on top of a plateau. This was literally the view from the front door of our camper.
escalante.jpg

Attachments

• lucy canyon.jpg
    lucy canyon.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 202
  • willis canyon.jpg
    willis canyon.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 196

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Huh, having trouble getting my pictures on here the way I want them. Let's try again :)

This was a hike we did in the national monument called Willis Canyon, very cool!!!
willis canyon.jpg

Possibly my favorite shot from the whole trip, DH took this one of Lucy in the canyon.

lucy canyon.jpg

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This was a fun short hike in Bryce Canyon we did - Navajo Loop. It was quite a climb back up out of the canyon, and there were tons (and TONS) of people, but interesting!
navajo loop.jpg

Our camper in our amazing spot on Grand Staircase-Escalante.
campspot.jpg

And saved the dorkiest for last...family photo at sunrise in Kodachrome Basin State Park. Our campspot here was down in the trees to the far right of the photo, a terrific campground.
kodachrome.jpg

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
What a beautiful and amazing place. I love your cute little camper. Going down that long canyon would probably mess with my claustrophobia a little!

I sure miss those days when DH and I could go off on adventures together, just the two of us. Looks like you guys and Lucy had a blast. :)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
"And saved the dorkiest for last...family photo at sunrise in Kodachrome Basin State Park. Our campspot here was down in the trees to the far right of the photo, a terrific campground."
kodachrome-jpg.4633

You and your family are taller than I would have imagined. You totally dwarf the Kodachrome Basin State Park behind you.

I'm glad that you had a great trip. Sounds like fun!

Latest posts