Recyclable Coffee Filters

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I bought the reusable mesh filter years ago. I don't think you will have trouble with it, Steve. I have never had mine clog up or overflow. I dump the grounds into the compost bucket and gi ve it a rinse. Every so often I run it through the dishwasher- but rarely. Those tiny cup measurements are a joke. Left over from the 1950's. Some mornings I imagine my coffee maker breaking... and then I remember I have a french press for the camper- and I can relax! I will not face the day without coffee!!

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hah, lesa - i have backups to my backup coffee maker! We have 2 french presses (different sizes), our regular drip thing, and some like turkish (?) coffee maker - where water goes in a compatment on the bottom, coffee in a container in the middle, then screw on the top. Kinda like a percolator, but it doesnt cycle the water. Kinda like a reverse espresso maker.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm exactly with you on that so called measurement they use for coffee Thistle!

What they call four cups is more like half a cup! Maybe they are cups for some kind of little elves somewhere.

Kinda like shoe sizes for men. They change them to make you think you have bigger feet!

When I was 25 I was size 7.
When I was 30, amazingly it was size 8!
When i was 35, somehow i grew to size 9! hmmm
So, now I'm 58, astonishingly I grew to size 10!!!

Funny thing is, I have a very old pair I use as house slippers, and they are size 9 and fit just fine, but when I go get new shoes this spring, I just bet they will have to be size 10 and a half.

yea, 4 cups. Right sparky. 4 cups is just a little taste tester! LollllllllllllZZZ!
and right. I've been growing a lot since i was 25!!!

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have a bucket, well actually a one gallon ice cream pail, in the kitchen. We put the compostables <?> in it to be carried to the compost pile. That's where my coffee filters go. I'm all for recycling and saving resources, but I have to draw the line somewhere. Coffee filters and toilet paper are just on the wrong side of that line.

Latest posts