Recycled Greenhouse Pics 2010

barefootgardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
100_9077.jpg

East Side

Hi, I just want to share pics of our Greenhouse my husband and I built last spring 2010, from recycled patio doors and windows. It is 12x18 . The frame is made of Sawmilled white pine from our land, that we already had on hand leftover from another project. The roof is Polycarbonate Roof/Greenhouse Panels. The windows slide open as well as the storm door window for ventillation. So far it is unheated.. I have been saving/collecting thedoors and windows for at least 15+ years, and finally have my GH...The total cost for GH was a little above or below $500.00...Thanks for looking...

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is a thing of beauty!!!! I have seen a lot of "recycled" greenhouses made from windows- yours wins hands down!!!! You guys should be really proud of yourselves!
So, did you grow in there for the whole season? You didn't just use it for seedlings, obviously!!!
I would love to hear about your experiences, as I will be using my recycled greenhouse for the first time, this year. Mine is a converted bus stop!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh my, that is one beautiful structure! It doesn't look at all like you used recycled windows/doors.

It is amazing. Just gorgeous.

Mary

barefootgardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thank you beavis and lesa. Lisa I was able to start using the GH sometime Mid May...I started all the plants inside my house, since we didnt start building GH till late in April..Then transferred all to GH

. I ended up growing 50 tomato plants alone inside..Mostly in ground and some in pots..Along w/herbs, peppers, tomatillos, Armenian cukes climbing up trellis, onions, Blackeyed peas in pots..Blueberries in pots, strawberries in pot and hanging basket..Climbing roses and grapevines, flower baskets...etc...That is why it was a jungle by end of season...LOL... I loved it, but will not grow so many tomatoes inside this year for 2011...

Lesa, your converted bus stop sounds lovely..As long as it does the job, that is what matters..we all make do w/what we have at the moment...I would love to see pictures...I waited 20 years for a GH..Well worth the wait......

bid

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
All I can say is... WOW! That is a really nice greenhouse and it looks so professional. Not homemade at all.

Latest posts