Red Flowering Tree? Solved By Greensage! TY

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
morning!

Why do you think they labeled it wrong?

Interestingly, the first plant picture that i posted called Flame tree, it also blooms on a spike similar to what you are describing.

The only real difference is that as a flame tree matures it begins to change its leaf shape. So eventually they get smaller and more teardrop in shape, rather than the three pronged hoof shape.

Ron

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Greensage45 said:
morning!

Why do you think they labeled it wrong?

Interestingly, the first plant picture that i posted called Flame tree, it also blooms on a spike similar to what you are describing.

The only real difference is that as a flame tree matures it begins to change its leaf shape. So eventually they get smaller and more teardrop in shape, rather than the three pronged hoof shape.

Ron
I did a Google image search for Flame Tree and looks nothing like mine or the picture you have there. It is a tree with red leaves mine has never turned red not even a little bit. It just has the red flowers.

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh, those weren't leaves, those were the masses of flowers it makes. Apparently, as this tree begins the leaves are quite large, and as the tree matures they get smaller..and most of the pictures of it in bloom it is in a minimal leaf setting.

I will have to find some comparison pictures to look at.

Ron

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Greensage45 said:
Oh, those weren't leaves, those were the masses of flowers it makes. Apparently, as this tree begins the leaves are quite large, and as the tree matures they get smaller..and most of the pictures of it in bloom it is in a minimal leaf setting.

I will have to find some comparison pictures to look at.

Ron
If that is the case I am very happy! That tree is red hot! :thumbsup
I took a cutting a few weeks ago. It set root fast and is in my front yard doing good. It has put out two new leaves so far after transplant!

Thanks Ron

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You were dead on my friend, I just found this. :thumbsup

Flame-Tree-Brachychiton-Acerifolius.jpg

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
beefy said:
wow my hummingbirds et. al would be all about that! wonder what the cold hardiness is? invasive?
I do not know but mine seems to want to be just a tree, It has not sent out side shoots. When I dug it out of my turtle pen it was 8 foot tall. It seems to grow slow. I have not read up on this tree yet.
I sure do love the pictures of them though.

Latest posts