Red Flowering Tree? Solved By Greensage! TY

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I cannot recall the name of this tree.
I transplanted it last year from my turtle pen so it is just getting going again. It gets lots of red flowers. They are just starting to bloom. If you look close you can see them at the very top of the stem.
100_6950.jpg

Thanks for any help on this; Joe

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I can't remember the name of that one either. The Devils Back Bone is on the right side in the pic. It is in the ground! And yes it is a very tender plant. It is in my backyard, a micro climate I have been working on for years now. I have it to were I can cover the whole backyard and stave off frost.

My wigwam front yard project is also an idea so I can cover most of the plants with ease .

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
no i was talking about the ZZ plant on the left. thats all ive ever heard it called "zz plant". its scientific name is Zamiasomethinganother somethinganotherelsethatstartswiththeletterz. is it in the ground or hidden in a pot?

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
beefy said:
no i was talking about the ZZ plant on the left. thats all ive ever heard it called "zz plant". its scientific name is Zamiasomethinganother somethinganotherelsethatstartswiththeletterz. is it in the ground or hidden in a pot?
It is in the ground!
That sure is one hellofa name right there!

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hey there,

I found this picture:

br_ac3394.jpg

they are calling this Brachychiton acerifolium, or Flame Tree.

but then, I remembered a similar plant that I use to grow called 'Buddha Belly' plant or Jatropha. Here is a picture:
PICT1067.jpg

this one has a different leaf
1441.jpg

It is hard to say, maybe when it is in bloom you can get a close-up shot of the flowers.

Ron

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks Ron. Funny the leaves look like the first picture.
Yet the flowers are like the other two.
The flower stem keeps getting longer but the flowers still have not opened. It's been like two weeks now, what a tease!

Latest posts