RIP Rhody

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The saddest thing about dogs is that they don't live as long as we do. I just got back from the vets where we had to put my faithful old girl of 27 years to sleep.
Whenever we walked in the woods she always ran ahead to scout out the trail and make sure it was safe for me. Now she's scouting out a new trail and I hope she'll be waiting when I go around the next bend.
RIP Rhody. Wait for me baby. I'll be along directly.
6858_001-2.jpg

hypnofrogstevie

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I am so sorry for your loss. I hate losing a beloved pet but I always know rainbow bridge will be there to bring us back together.

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry for the loss of your faithful friend. :hugs 27 years is an amazing lifespan for a dog. You must have given her a wonderful life. I have 2 dogs that I dearly love that have blessed my life greatly and I hate the thought of inevitably parting with them. I have many animals, many pets, but dogs are something else.

I love this quote, it is so true....

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."

--Unknown

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh I am so sorry. :( Dogs are family, and it really hurts to loss a piece of you. :hugs

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, Hoodat, I am so sorry. What a darling girl she was. We are so lucky to share our lives, with these amazing creatures...She'll wait for you-

Latest posts