rolly pollies

blue skys

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I just relocated an azalea in my yard, and the rolly pollies have gone mad around it. I did not see one when I was digging the hole for it, but now the rolly pollies are everywhere... baby, teenager and elderly rolly pollies. Will they hurt the azalea? If they might, how do I get rid of them - the chickens cannot go in the front yard or else I would send in the troops. What should I do?

bid

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I don't think they will hurt your azalea. Did you mulch around it when you moved it? It could be they moved in with the mulch. Plus you are probably watering the azalea quite a bit and that makes a nice moist environment for them. :)

blue skys

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
As long as they won't hurt it I don't care that they are there - but it's a mystery to me how they ended up there - and so many of them so fast. :idunno

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
For the most part pill bugs won't do too much harm. Enough of them could do some damage to the roots or base. If you're too worried about it, remove the mulch around the base and let them dry out a bit.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yeah... my azaleas are mulched and have obvious pill bugs hanging out around them. I have no obvious issues to my plants from them... so I assume they are harmless!!!

Latest posts