Roosters need a new home...

HEChicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Sounds delicious Baymule but while I give all other bones to my dogs, I don't give them chicken bones which are more apt to splinter and require an emergency trip to the vet when they puncture their insides. I do save off all the gristle and other less edible pieces though, and the dogs get those. Actually, I just did an old hen yesterday and crock potted her all day until the meat was falling off her bones. I then divided the meat into one container, the bones into the trash and the little bits that were safe for the dogs, I kept in another bowl. Last night I took the bowl outside and threw the contents into the air so they scattered all over the place. The dogs had a great time on their "chicken scrap hunt" and it kept them busy for awhile, using their noses to search out every last little morsel :lol:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds delicious Baymule but while I give all other bones to my dogs, I don't give them chicken bones which are more apt to splinter and require an emergency trip to the vet when they puncture their insides. :lol:

If you put those chicken bones back on the stove to cook down more, they will become a soft, mushy material -- much like overcooked rib bones. Those I feed to my animals. I figure there must be some nutrients in the now soft bone material and there is much less in the garbage.