Rooting epiphyllum cuttings (updated)

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm seeing lots of little baby leaves starting to pop. They look like some kind of sea creature's tentacles! I'll try to get some pics tomorrow. Been a busy couple of days (my sister has been in the hospital--she's ok now).

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
journey11 said:
I'm seeing lots of little baby leaves starting to pop. They look like some kind of sea creature's tentacles! I'll try to get some pics tomorrow. Been a busy couple of days (my sister has been in the hospital--she's ok now).
Glad your sister is doing better.
Also happy to hear your cuttings are taking off !

Good luck!

Joe

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Took some pics of my progress this morning, not much, but it's a start!

Got 3 buds on this one:
6486_dscf2051.jpg

2 here:
6486_dscf2054.jpg

2 more itty-bitty ones:
6486_dscf2056.jpg

And this is the lot of them. There are 4 different varieties, but mostly 'Queen of the Night', a white/cream one. I also have one piece that is just a length of stem, sitting in my kitchen window in a vase with water and it is making a few hair roots already!
6486_dscf2060.jpg

They seem to all be doing well, although a couple are kinda wrinkly. I'd like to figure out how to get a dome over them all together. Maybe have to work something out with some 6mil clear plastic I have on hand and some kind of lightweight box frame...

Hey, this is off the subject sorta, but can anyone tell me how on earth you update your topic's title, like if you want to say "UPDATE" or whatever? I've looked all over and it's probably right in front of my face.

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Journey they are looking great! I would forgo the tent at this point.

To change the title just edit your first post on the thread. then you can edit the title also!

Joe

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Greensage45 said:
Wow,

You started a Tribe of Epis! That's amazing, are you starting this many for friends and family?

I know this one is a monster when it gets older!

This is a good example! Monster Epi

:bow <~~~ worshipping the Epi Chief!

Ron :clap
Wow, that thing is massive! It's good to have goals! :p

Thanks for the instructions Joe! I had looked everywhere and could never figure it out.

These epis will hopefully be ready to become Christmas/birthday presents next year!

Latest posts