Rose people, I need your help!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wife found some, so told her to buy me one. If there are several plants, would I be better served to separate so each can build a better root system? We had a red mini that I had to move, never made it though the winter.

I wouldn't bother to separate a mini. But you could if it made you happy having more than one clump.

I just went out and looked for mine that I mentioned in this old thread, and yep, it's still out there looking good. :)

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Wife found some, so told her to buy me one. If there are several plants, would I be better served to separate so each can build a better root system? We had a red mini that I had to move, never made it though the winter.
If you plant pretty much ANYTHING in the Fall it may not have enough time to grow a root structure deep enough to survive the winter. Normally mini roses are the hardiest. You should always plant far enough apart for the roots to have room. Hope this helps.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
More clumps are always better. Now to find spots for more clumps IF there are more than one in pot.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
4 plants per pot. I divided 2 of them into 3 starts, 1 pot into 2 starts. I know they will scatter out.

Latest posts